The starting application period for the EDV-2023 Electronic Diversity Visa program(DV) opens at noon Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), Wednesday, October 6, 2021 (9:45) pm local time in Nepal, (Ashwin 21, 2077 B.S.) and closes at noon Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Tuesday, November 9, 2021 (10:45) pm local time; Kartik 25, 2077 B.S.).
Note:- For better results, you should fill your DV program early.
Table of Contents
What are the important things we need to care about before filling out the Electronic Diversity Visa program(EDV-2023)?
The important things we need to care about before filling the Electronic Diversity Visa program are listed:-
- There is no charge to enter the DV program.
- There is no need for any consultant to fill the DV. The US Embassy is strongly against a consultant to assist you with your application.
- You personally apply for E-DV-2023 online by clicking this link Electronic Diversity Visa Program (state.gov).
- While filing your E-DV or Electronic Diversity Visa program you need to list your all family members’ names and details. If you are married then you need to mention your spouse’s details and your son or daughter’s details if they were under 21. These details make your entry valid.
- You only submit your application only one time. More than one application will disqualify your application.
- Your photo must be unique and new. Your photo must not match the previous year’s DV program. If this happens then your application will be disqualified. Do not upload pictures with glasses.
- You must need the primary applicant’s passport number, country of issuance, and passport expiration date. (But we have heard the news that from 2023 US Government does not need any passport to enter the E-DV lottery program)
- After filling out your form you need to keep your confirmation number. This number is required while checking the entrant’s results.
- Never give your confirmation number to anyone. It is the only thing from which you know whether you are selected for DV or not.
- To check your DV result click here:- Entrant Status Check WebSite (state.gov)
Note:- Don't forget to provide your email address while filling out your form. Also, if you are selected for the DV program there is no guarantee that you got your US visa. If you do get a visa interview, a Consular Officer will determine whether you meet the qualifications and are eligible for the DV under U.S. immigration law. For the futher information please visit https://np.usembassy.gov/dv2023/
Which countries are not eligible for EDV-2023?
The list of those countries which are not eligible for EDV-2023.
China (including Hong Kong SAR)
United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories
What are the eligibility criteria for the EDV lottery?
The eligibility criteria for the EDV lottery is you need to be born in a country that sent less than 50,000 immigrants to the United States(US) over the past 5 years. There is some yearly variation in the countries that are eligible, but Canada, China, India, Mexico, and the United Kingdom never make the list, because these countries all send a large number of immigrants to the United States.
How to know if we got the DV lottery or green card lottery?
We have been notified after 7 months after submitting our entry. After selecting it takes 14 months to be scheduled for your interview and to receive your visa. It also depends on how early you apply for your visa.
You also read:- how to book a PTE exam
Once you got your visa, you have a 6 months valid time period to onboard the United States.
Note:- If you wanna fill out your EDV-2023 form then kindly visit our Facebook group. We will help you there while filling out your form.
Facebook Group links:- EDV 2023
If you like this article then please share this article with your family and friends.